Item ID: 14854
High Voltage protection device, max. 30A, trip voltage programable 270V-300V AC
For protecting equipment from Generator over voltage failure.
Weight , shipped as package
Automatic, High Voltage Protection Device, with unit stop and extra information transmit port
30 Amp model suitable for direct use with up to 6KVA Generators
Boat, Camper, Motor home, Caravan, RV
What does this product do and why do I need it?
Generators, Inverters, the mains supply, or, any device which produces 230V AC, can and will, at some point, fail or have the incorrect voltage generated for that system. When a product fails, it can do so in 2 ways: Firstly it can just simply fail and stop working (which is okay and the preferred choice). Secondly, the governor speed control, regulator or other voltage controlled device can fail (or stick) resulting in a high voltage being transmitted to what ever products are online at that time. Some marinas and other areas have been known to add the wrong voltage to their power system. This will result in not only a dangerous situation for the operator but also the destruction of any AC equipment online at that time. This cost can run into many thousands of pounds. This product is designed to stop this problem.
By installing the product before a boat’s or vehicle’s AC distribution board it can be used in a dual role. It can shut down the mains in the event of problems arising. It can also shut down the gen set, if selected.
This device does 4 main things:
1) Detects a high voltage which can be adjusted to your requirements depending on the gen set being used and its standard reaction to normal on/off loading. The unit can be adjusted to 270/280/300VAC
2) Reacts within 0.012 seconds to that set voltage.
3) Disconnects the power directly switching its own internal 30A power breaker (if gen set, mains or inverter is under 6 KVA) or sends an external signal to a larger breaker to disconnect the main power for gen sets over 6 KVA.
4) Having shut down the AC, the unit can automatically send signals to shut down the actual generator or isolate the inverter, if required.
Other features include:
1) Extra signal port for telemetry system information transmission.
2) 30A overload trip (for internal wiring protection)
3) Test setting to confirm all is working
4) LED fault indicators
Please note this is a high voltage safety trip and not an in line voltage conditioner. The unit makes no attempt to smooth or fix the high voltage. It is designed to assume a catastrophic failure and switches everything it can off, as fast as possible. It therefore reduces and prevents any ensuing damage from that high voltage failure.
- High Voltage protection device, HVPD
Further informations you will find here: FAQ Seite
- Voltage nominal: 220-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz
- Continuous current: max. 30A, 6Kw
- Trip voltage programable: 270V, 280V, 300V
- Test mode: 200V AC
- isolated contacts: 2
(1 x 16A, 240VAC/28VDC for Generator Stop and 1 x 1A 125VAC/24VDC für Alarm, Bulp, Horn, telemetry...)
- 3 LED's
- Protections: over load protection internal Relais
- Temperature range: -10°C bis +80°C
- Water protection: IP66, control box only, AC electrical connectors under lid Non-waterproof
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 170 x 155 x 118mm
- Weight: 1,05kg (without packing)
Simply contact a member of our customer service team.
You can reach us by telephone from Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
Tel.: 06024 6341 560 or by fax under 06024 6341 569
Of course you can also contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to have a look at the goods beforehand or would you like a personal consultation on site?
No problem, you are welcome to view all products in our exhibition area.
Of course we are at your disposal for a personal consultation.
Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm
What payment methods are available to you?
Cash payment / EC card payment when picking up at the store in Schöllkrippen
bank transfer / prepayment
Cash on delivery (you pay directly to the parcel deliverer upon receipt)
PayPal including buyer protection (for EU countries as well as Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland)
Credit card (Visa / Master)
How long does it take to ship the goods?
The stock status is indicated online on the respective product page. Products in stock will be shipped immediately or after receipt of payment, depending on the payment method. The shipment of goods that can be shipped by parcel is carried out to all countries of delivery by DHL. The parcel delivery times in Germany are 1-2 working days. DHL also delivers on Saturdays in Germany. We ship shipping goods via the shipping company Emons, the transit times are 2-3 working days within Germany, abroad this can not be specified flat rate, please contact us.