Item ID: 78899
Victron MultiPlus C / 12V / Output 1200VA / charger 50A / transfer switch 16A / Parallel and 3-Phase connection possible
The system can grow with your requirements.
Weight ,shipped as package ,shipped as bulky goods ,shipped by forwarding company, free curbside
MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 VE.Bus
1200VA pure sine inverter + internal 50A IUoU battery charger + 16A AC transfer switch
designed for Caravan, Boat, Motor home and Offgrid systems
The MultiPlus Compact gets its name from the multiple functions it can perform. It is a powerful true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated battery charger that features adaptive charge technology and a high-speed AC transfer switch in a single compact enclosure. Beside these primary functions, however, the MultiPlus Compact has several advanced features that provide a range of new applications as outlined below
Dealing with limited generator, shore side or grid powerThe MultiPlus is a very powerful battery charger. It will therefore draw a lot of current from the generator or shore side supply (nearly 10 A per 5 kVA Multi at 230 VAC). With the Multi Control Panel a maximum generator or shore current can be set. The MultiPlus will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for charging, thus preventing the generator or shore supply from being overloaded.
Boosting the capacity of shore or generator powerThis feature takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension. It allows the MultiPlus to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the MultiPlus will make sure that insufficient shore or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Remote control: Digital Multi Controll (optionally available)
The Digital Multi Control is used to remotely view and adjust AC input currents, and turn on and off the Multi or Quattro. It is designed to integrate cleanly with your boat, vehicle or house system control panel.
Adaptive 4-stage charging characteristics: bulk – absorption – float – storage
The microprocessor-driven adaptive battery management system can be adjusted for various types of batteries. The adaptive function automatically adapts the charging process to battery use.
Uninterrupted AC power
In the event of a grid failure, or shore or generator power being disconnected, the inverter within the MultiPlus Compact is automatically activated and takes over supply to the connected loads. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
The MultiPlus is equipped with a programmable relay that by default is set as an alarm relay. The relay can be programmed for all kinds of other applications however, for example as a starter relay for a generator.
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel operation
Up to 6 Multis can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output. Six 24/5000/120 units, for example, will provide 25 kW / 30 kVA output power with 720 Amps charging capacity.
In addition to parallel connection, three units of the same model can be configured for three phase output. But that’s not all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected for a 75 kW / 90 kVA inverter and more than 2000 Amps charging capacity.
AC power available even during a grid failureThe MultiPlus can be used in off grid as well as grid connected PV and other alternative energy systems.Loss of mains detection software is available.
-In case of a stand-alone application, if settings have to be changed, this can be done in a matter of minutes with a DIP switch setting procedure.
-Parallel and three phase applications can be configured with VE.Bus Quick Configure and VE.Bus System Configurator software.
-Off grid, grid interactive and self-consumption applications, involving grid-tie inverters and/or MPPT Solar Chargers can be configured with Assistants (dedicated software for specific applications).
On-site Monitoring and control
Several options are available: Battery Monitor, Multi Control Panel, Color Control GX or other GX devices, smartphone or tablet (Bluetooth Smart), laptop or computer (USB or RS232).
Remote Monitoring and control
Color Control GX or other GX devices.Data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website, free of charge.
When connected to the Ethernet, systems with a Color Control GX or other GX device can be accessed and settings can be changed remotely.
The interface cable for configuration via PC or laptop can be found here: MK3-USB
To view the technical data, click on the tab 'Technical data' above.
- Victron MultiPlus C / 12V / output power 1200VA / 50A battery charger / 16A AC transfer switch
- Battery temperature sensor
- Of course, you will also receive from us an instruction manual in German and English
Further helpful tips can be found on our FAQ Questions / Answers page under the following link: FAQ
- PowerControl: yes
- PowerAssist: yes
- Transfer switch (A): 16
- Parallel and 3phase connection possible: yes
- Input voltage range (V DC): 9,5-17
- Output voltage (V AC): 230 ±2%
- Output frequency: 50Hz ±0,1% (1)
- continuous output power at 25°C (VA): 1200 (3)
- continuous output power at 25°C (W): 1000
- continuous output power at 40°C (W): 900
- continuous output power at 65°C (W): 600
- Peak power (W): 2400
- Maximum efficiency (%): 93
- Zero load power (W): 8
- Zero load power in AES mode (W): 5
- Zero load power in Search mode (W): 2
- Input voltage range (V AC): 187-265 / Input frequency: 45-65Hz / Power factor: 1
- Charge voltage 'absorption' (V DC): 14,4 (adjustable)
- Charge voltage 'float' (V DC): 13,8 (adjustable)
- Storage mode (V DC): 13,2 (adjustable)
- Charge current house battery (A): 50 (4)
- Charge current starter battery (A): 4
- Battery temperature sensor: yes
- Auxiliary 230V output: n.a. (5)
- Programmable relay: ja (6)
- Protections: a-g (2)
- VE.Bus communication port: yes, for parallel and three phase operation, remote monitoring and system integration
- General purpose com. port: n.a. (7)
- Remote on-off: yes
- Operating temp. range: -40 to +65°C (fan assisted cooling)
- Humidity (non-condensing): max 95%
- Material & Colour: aluminium (blue RAL 5012)
- Protection category: IP 21
- Battery connection: battery cables of 1.5 meter (red and black)
- 230 V AC-connection: G-ST18i connector
- Weight (kg): 10
- Dimesions (HxWxD) in mm: 375x214x110
- SAFETY: EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29, IEC 62109-1
- Emissionen / Immunität: EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3
- Road vehicle: ECE R10-4
- (1) can be adjusted to 60 HZ. 120 V models available on request
- (2) Protection key:: a) output short circuit, b) overload, c) battery voltage too high, d) battery voltage too low, e) temperature too high, f) 230 VAC on inverter output, g) input voltage ripple too high
- (3) Non-linear load, crest factor 3:1
- (4) at 25˚C ambient
- (5) switches off when no external AC source available
- (6) Programmable relay that can a.o. be set for general alarm, DC under voltage or genset start/stop function AC rating: 230 V/4A, DC rating: 4 A up to 35 VDC, 1 A up to 60 VDC
- (7) communication with BMS of Victron Lithium batteries
Simply contact a member of our customer service team.
You can reach us by telephone from Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
Tel.: 06024 6341 560 or by fax under 06024 6341 569
Of course you can also contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to have a look at the goods beforehand or would you like a personal consultation on site?
No problem, you are welcome to view all products in our exhibition area.
Of course we are at your disposal for a personal consultation.
Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm
What payment methods are available to you?
Cash payment / EC card payment when picking up at the store in Schöllkrippen
bank transfer / prepayment
Cash on delivery (you pay directly to the parcel deliverer upon receipt)
PayPal including buyer protection (for EU countries as well as Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland)
Credit card (Visa / Master)
How long does it take to ship the goods?
The stock status is indicated online on the respective product page. Products in stock will be shipped immediately or after receipt of payment, depending on the payment method. The shipment of goods that can be shipped by parcel is carried out to all countries of delivery by DHL. The parcel delivery times in Germany are 1-2 working days. DHL also delivers on Saturdays in Germany. We ship shipping goods via the shipping company Emons, the transit times are 2-3 working days within Germany, abroad this can not be specified flat rate, please contact us.